SRR POETRY CHAPBOOK CONTEST
Reading Period: August 1st-31st
The winning chapbook will be published by Split Rock Review in 2017, and the author will receive 10 handcrafted, saddle-stitched copies of their winning chapbook (ISBN included). Split Rock Review will be selling copies through our website and at literary events. We don’t have a celebrity judge for our chapbook contest. Members from the Split Rock Review editorial board read the submissions, and the final judge is the editor. To find out what we like, please review past magazine contributors.
Chapbook Submission Guidelines
- Split Rock Review accepts submissions and payment of the entry fee ($15) exclusively through our online submission manager, Submittable.
- Manuscripts may be between 16 to 24 pages in length. No more than one poem per page.
- Submissions are read blind. Do NOT include your name or any identifying information anywhere on the manuscript. When you send electronically, it'll be in the submitter info only.
- Please include a title page with ONLY the title, a table of contents, and an acknowledgements page (not included in page count).
- The collection as a whole must be unpublished, but individual publications are fine. Please include specific acknowledgments if any of poems have appeared elsewhere. Indicate which poems have been previously published and by whom, as we do consider unpublished individual pieces for possible publication in Split Rock Review.
- Submitting multiple manuscripts is fine with entry fees for each.
- Co-authored manuscripts are accepted.
- Writers from all backgrounds are encouraged to submit.
Why a reading fee? We are an independent, nonprofit literary publisher. Reading fees help defray, but do not entirely cover, the cost of our online submission manager, website, and publishing expenses.